Thursday 6 May 2010

See this post? Live in the UK?

So fuck off up/down/across the road and vote. I'm putting my coat on and going now (well actually I fancy a bacon sandwich from the cafe on the way back).

It's 8 o-clock in the morning... Arghhh! Since I retired I usually sleep till 10, or 9 at least, but now I'm on my second coffee already. I must get moving --- I'm in gardening frenzy! I was potting up some tomatoes t'other day and 3 of them had flower buds already. My (tiny) greenhouse is nowhere near ready, I've a sack of horse manure to dig in yet. And the bathroom overflow is dripping. And I still have to weed-kill the drive...

I've got it sorted now:
Vote bacon, manure bathroom, kill greenhouse.

6 comments:

Mark said...

Did mine this morning at 08.30 am
After seeing David Cameroon being hit by a egg in our college the other week and the madness in his eyes for a split second before the smile I thought I`d better do my bit to keep the slimey Bas***d out of office.

Andy Holroyd said...

Well, we both did our best but the slimey egg bloke still gets in.

NobblySan said...

'Vote bacon'.... the most sense that I've heard during the whole election build up.

Ironic isn't it - Clegg gets waaaay fewer seats than any bugger else, and is currently the most in-demand, and therefore influential politician in the land.

dave hambidge said...

Just back from hols and sprinting around the blogosphere to catch up with friends... we wilfully avoided all news until the day after the election; interesting times for us in britland?

Andy Holroyd said...

Nobbly, rounding up the votes they go

11m Con = 305 seats
9m Lab = 258 seats
7m Lib/Dem = 57 seats
4m others = 30 seats

hardly representative. Not sure of the answer though. There are too many wannabe leaders now.

Andy Holroyd said...

Dave, hope you had a great break.

Lucky bugger!