Thursday 25 March 2010

RIP mate

I just learned that one of my best friends has died. He fell ill at the beginning of the year and was diagnosed with an aggressive lymphoma. He lost the battle today.

We met in a pub, where else, and found we had a similar sense of humour, tastes in music, a love of good conversation and a fondness for quality beer.

He ran an electronics repair shop and, in the 15 years I knew him, he taught me more about how CRT televisions and monitors work than anyone really needs to know.

He was one of the rocks I beat my heart out upon when my marriage broke up.

I'll have a couple of pints of Ossett Brewery's Excelsior in your honour.
Cheers Jerry.

8 comments:

Duncanr said...

Sorry to hear about your mate, Andy

Andy Holroyd said...

Thank you Duncan.

Anonymous said...

Bloody 'ell...I just came from Duncan's last post on his blog. So sorry to hear this, Andy. Here's a hug for you ((0)).

Andy Holroyd said...

Thanks Jill. It was so quick. I knew it was very serious, but you have hope.

dave hambidge said...

Sd to hear about your friend; such good folk are hard to come by and missed the more because of it.

Andy Holroyd said...

He'll be missed by a lot of people Dave.

Mark said...

Just read your post Andy, Really sorry to hear about Jerry, I know he was a good friend.
It is always sad to loose people close to you but there is happiness in the times you shared and the memories you created.

Andy Holroyd said...

Nice thoughts Mark, and you are right. There's so much to be thankful for.