Monday 15 June 2009

Cropredy Festival - Yay!

Duncanr at teh Madhatters, posted this very pleasant track. It's by Celtic Woman, an ensemble I was previously unaware of.

For some reason I was reminded of this (with the great Sandy Denny)...

Crazy Man Michael - Fairport Convention [Audio]


And then thought AHRRRG!!! Cropredy Festival. Tickets are on sale and the line-up looks, interesting. Check it out, among many others are...

Thu 13th Aug
Ken Nicol & Phil Cool (the Phil Cool? - COOL!)
Buzzcocks (Ever Fallen in Love?)
Steve Winwood (still Trafficing?)

Fri 14th Aug
Ade Edmondson and the Bad Shepherds (Vyvyan?)
Richard Thompson (Bright Lights Tonight on that stage)

Sat 15th Aug
Richard Digance (no problem, he's a regular Cropredyer)
Dreadzone (John Peel has a lot to answer for)
Nik Kershaw (who?)
Ralph McTell (anything but Streets of London!)
and of course
Fairport Convention ('coz it's their party)

My itinerary is tight in August (mucho playing myself) but I think I'm free that weekend. Just got to check with the band diary and work. I'm aiming to go. It's a great, small, friendly festival and well worth a visit.

If anyone wants to meet up I'll be in the Brasenose Arms or the Red Lion (or both, but time dependent) on the Saturday afternoon (and/or Sunday).

Below the belt is a taste of Fairport/Cropredy from 2007

"Matty Groves" - Fairport Convention Cropredy 2007 (w/Lego)

No comments: