Sunday 31 May 2009

Ogdens' Nut Gone Celebrated Flake Tobacco

I'm trying to kick the habit myself but here's the Small Faces' with the awesome Happiness Stan complete with narration by Prof. Stanly Unwin.

Yes I know I'm starting with part 3, that's side B of the LP record. The rest of the album is blow the belt.

The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake 3/5


The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake 4/5


The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake 5/5
(end of Stan, followed by bonus track Tin Soldier)


Flip it over, here's side A...

The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake 1/5


The Small Faces - Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake 2/5

2 comments:

Kate said...

Ah! I remember Happiness Stan well! Lovely to hear it again. Delightful. Reminds me of "The Penguin John Lennon", too.

Andy Holroyd said...

I've never read 'Penguin' <hangs head in shame>. Was a bit of a Spike Milligan fan though.

Great though the Beatles were, I was more a follower of the Stones, Kinks, Small Faces (obviously) and then T. Rex, Hawkwind, Edgar Broughton, Curved Air, Steeleye Span, Fairport Convention... Before discovering John Martyn, Grateful Dead and Incredible String Band.

I'll leave it there for now, about 1973!