Sunday 5 April 2009

Ha Ha Ha!

Mecca mosques 'wrongly aligned'

Tawfik al-Sudairy, Islamic affairs ministry deputy secretary, downplayed the problem in remarks quoted by the pan-Arab newspaper al-Hayat.

"There are no major errors but corrections have been made for some old mosques, thanks to modern techniques," he said.

"In any case, it does not affect the prayers."
Oh dear!, the old guys got it wrong and Allah didn't intervene to correct generations of mistake, some God!

So either, Allah doesn't care, prayer doesn't work (why bother then with pointless alignments?) or someone is making up a huge pile of bullshit. I suspect the latter.

3 comments:

NobblySan said...

Cowboy building contractors - thats what it is.

Off with their hods!

Randomfish said...

I day after I posted, I am still chuckling! I was curious to know, where do they think these prayers would end up if they miss? (I'll leave that to theists and comedians.)

Andy Holroyd said...

@ NobblySan
Yeah! Behod them.

@ Randomfish
Obviously the prayer will whiz round the Earth and hit them up the arse.

PZ Myers has posted on this too. Some of the comments there are good.