Tuesday 10 August 2010

Another reason to like Hitch

I was saddened to hear recently that Christopher Hitchens has been diagnosed with cancer. I wish him well.

Hitch is not a 'light in time of darkness' but a small glow of rationality which, I hope, may herald a sunrise. I like his wit, erudition, honesty and unshakable self confidence. Even in illness he is a wise sage:

Christopher Hitchens Interviewed by Anderson Cooper


But Hitch is just Hitch:

Christopher Hitchens - The State of Human Intelligence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is rather interesting for me to read that article. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read more soon.

Hilary Swenson

Andy Holroyd said...

Glad you found it of interest Hilary. Hitchens is a great speaker and debater as well as a highly literate author. His book 'God is not great' is a fascinating read.