Monday 27 October 2008

Beyond Belief 2008

The videos from Beyond Belief 2008 are beginning to come online.

If you haven't come across this conference before you may be in for a real treat. It's a meeting of deep thinking people discussing science, philosophy, culture, reality...

Beyond Belief: Candles in the Dark


Where else might you see A.C. Grayling, V.S. Ramachandran, Sam Harris, Pat Churchland and Chris Mooney all at the same venue. With hopefully talks to come from Harry Kroto, Michael Shermer and even Paul Davies, who are all on the long list of participants.

I'm waiting till I have a couple of days of free time, then I'll try to watch as much as possible (or as much as I want) in sequence. I'm a sucker for good conference; it keeps the ol' brain ticking over. However we all miss out on what must have gone on during coffee, lunch or in the bar later on. Hey, I'm still capable of eating and drinking on my own! These videos, a beer and a pizza delivery will do just fine.
----------
If you did miss the previous years, here are the links.
Highly recomended.
Beyond Belief: Science, Reason, Religion & Survival - 2006
Beyond Belief: Enlightenment 2.0 - 2007

No comments: