Sunday 11 September 2011

Need something interesting to pass an hour ot two, or more?

Go visit openculture.com

The site is a vast repository of links to free audio and video in lots of categories.

So far I've watched a video about black holes, downloaded two audio books (Isaac Asimov's Nightfall and Rudyard Kipling's Rikki-Tikki-Tavi - there are many, many more I will get) and lined up a series of lectures called 'Science, Magic, and Religion' from UCLA. I'm off to dig through the philosophy section next. Then there's the movie list which is described as '420 Free Movies Online: Great Classics, Indies, Noir, Westerns, etc.'

Great stuff!

2 comments:

duncanr said...

Great find !

I've bookmarked this site

I fancy watching some of the free films on offer and having a look at some of the 'learn a language' modules when I've some time to spare

Andy Holroyd said...

The other night we watched Hitchcock's film of 'Juno and the Paycock'. I saw the stage play years ago and Hitchcock does a great job.

It's very funny and I recommend it!